What Is The Taping Method?
Kinesiology taping (KT) is a therapeutic tool that has become increasingly popular within the sporting arena. Kinesiotape is an innovative new way to tackle athletic injuries and much more. It is an elastic cotton strip designed to help alleviate pain and disability from a wide range of physical ailments. The taping method is applied in a specific manner over muscles to reduce pain and inflammation, relax overused muscles, and support muscles and joints without restricting the normal range of motion.
How Does Kinesiology Taping Work?
At Kinetic Chiropractic and Sports Medicine in Weddington, NC, we offer RockTape and Kinesiotape to support and stabilize joints and muscles for sports injuries and problems caused by everyday tasks. The thickness of the tape is similar to the thickness of the skin and its stretch is designed to mimic the elastic qualities of the skin. Kinesiology tape can be worn for 3-5 days and stays in good condition because it is breathable and waterproof. The unique properties of the tape activate the nervous and circulatory systems, support a normal range of motion, and aid recovery from injury or re-injury. It prevents future damage or problems and helps restore the body’s natural functions.
How Can Taping Help You?
Tape therapy helps you heal from injuries and assists in coordination and movement. Today, there are multiple brands of kinesiology tape on the market that offer similar support, yet each can have unique features. Specific benefits of tape therapy include:
- Minimizes pain: This type of therapy can control how your brain works. Rocktape on the skin can interfere with painful signals directed to the brain. When the signals arriving at the brain are altered, it does not produce the sensation of pain.
- Decompresses swelling and inflammation: Kinesiotape lifts the skin away from the underlying soft tissue, allowing more blood flow to the problem area for quicker healing and recovery.
- Supports weak zones: When you are healing your body it is important to target surrounding areas as well to speed up your rehabilitation. The areas that surround an injury many times compensate for ones that are currently not functioning well.
- Re-educates muscles: During an injury, your muscle coordination is affected. Tape therapy can synchronize your muscles by awaking dormant muscles and calming down overactive ones.
- Improves athletic performance: Athletes may use kinesiology taping to help them achieve their optimal performance and protect against injury when they’re competing in special events.
- Reduces scars: Kinesiology tape can lessen the long-term appearance of scars following surgery or injury, even though you should never put it on an open wound.
What Conditions Does The Taping Method Treat?
Many chiropractors, orthopedists, acupuncturists, and athletes around the world use Kinesiotape and Rock Tap to help boost their performance. Kinesiotape and RockTape can be used for several situations varying in severity including carpal tunnel syndrome, back and neck pain, and ankle sprain. In some cases, the taping method can be most effective when it is used in conjunction with other treatments like manual or physical therapy.
If you are looking for a flexible, easy-to-use, and effective treatment to reduce pain and inflammation the taping method is your go-to solution. To optimize your results, Dr. Daniel Danieley specializes in chiropractic, sports injury, and laser therapy services that pair well with taping to prevent injury and aid in recovery. Our individualized and personalized patient care will help you recover faster with longer-lasting results. To learn more about the taping method and other services we offer, call Kinetic Spine & Sports in Weddington, NC at (704) 849-0344 today to speak with one of our team members.