What Makes VicaCussor Better Than Other Treatments?
The VibraCussor is different from traditional massage and vibration instruments. Most vibration devices produce a back-and-forth motion across the surface of the body. In comparison, this device produces an up-and-down motion instead. This motion creates gentle compression waves that travel through to the body’s deepest connective tissues and has the following benefits:
- Promotes an increase in local circulation and lymphatic flow
- Decreases muscle spasms, tension, and inflammation.
- Pain relief
- Improved joint mobility and range of motion
- Acceleration of the healing process
What Conditions Does VisaCussor Treat?
At Kinetic Chiropractic and Sports Medicine in Weddington, NC this treatment is commonly used to successfully treat the following conditions:
- Joint Fixations (hands, elbow, shoulder, hip, knee, foot)
- Postural distortions
- Myofascial restrictions
- Trigger points
- “Frozen” shoulder
- TMJ (jaw) problems
What Is A Trigger Point?
Trigger points are localized problem areas of spasm and inflammation in skeletal muscle. The upper back, behind-the-shoulder areas, and the low back are common sites of trigger points. Trigger points frequently occur with chronic musculoskeletal disorders such as fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome. There are several different types of trigger points that are set off by different reasons and result in different levels and locations of pain. Specific causes of trigger points can include the following:
- Trauma: This includes representative acute or long-term injuries.
- Repetitive straining or overuse of affected tissue.
- Alignment imbalances
- Vitamin or nutritional deficiencies
- Poor long-term posture
- Extreme lack of exercise or movement
- Too much exercise without adequate rest
How To Prevent Trigger Points?
Once the trigger point has developed you need to see a sports therapist for relief. However, some things you can do to prevent trigger points are:
1. Moderate but regular exercise to reduce stiffness.
2. Eat a balanced diet.
3. Try to avoid long-term muscle constriction.
4. Protect your mental health since trigger points can be caused by mental stress as well.
5. Take a hot bath or use a sauna to improve circulation.
6. Stay hydrated to help your muscles.
7. Analyze your sleeping position to see if you are not unintentionally straining your muscles.
8. Do not smoke
9. Monitor your weight
At-Home Remedies For Trigger Points
If you suffer from trigger points, there are a number of steps you can take at home to relax the muscle and ease the pain.
- Use an ice pack to reduce inflammation and/or apply a heating pad to help ease muscle tightness.
- Massaging the trigger point may loosen the knot and encourage the muscle to relax.
- Anti-inflammatories can relieve muscle pain.
- Monitor your trigger point and analyze what actions aggravate the trigger point and avoid or reduce these problematic actions if you can. For example, if you have a job that requires you to sit for long periods of time you can try sitting in a more comfortable chair or doing in-place stretches.
- Gently stretch and work out your neck and shoulder muscles to help them decompress.
Would I Benefit From Using VibraCussor?
The VibraCussor is used along with other chiropractic services to relax tense muscles, relieve lymphatic congestion, restore joint motion, reduce post-exertion muscle soreness, release superficial and deep fascia, and free adhesions and scar tissue.
If you are experiencing trigger point discomfort, the VibraCussor may be for you. Trigger points sensitivity and pain include:
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- TMJ pain
- Decreased range of motion
- Dull aching and tenderness
- Temperature differences in the affected area
- Involuntary muscle contraction
- Localized weakness and fatigue
- Delayed muscle relaxation
If you have any of these symptoms and have not been able to find relief, Kinetic Spine & Sports is here to help. Call (704) 849-0344 to schedule an appointment and find out if the VibraCussor treatment is right for you.