How Does The Pineapple Fitness Whole Body Vibration Work?
The Pineapple Fitness Whole Body Vibration (WBV) system works by stimulating the natural flex reflex in muscles, using the muscles to continually contract and relax. Different postures and positions can be used on a whole body vibration machine, which allows muscle stimulation in different parts of your body. Whole body vibration - as with more intensive weight-bearing exercise - also has a positive impact on bone density.
All this is achieved with very low impact on bones and joints, making whole body vibration a very safe alternative and a great complement to conventional forms of exercise and rehabilitation. WBV can also be used to rehab and strengthening injured ligaments and muscular tissues without taking the injured area through painful ranges of motion. Exercise and rehabilitation can start much earlier, which makes the Pineapple WBV system a perfect choice of modality.
For healthy people, spending just 10 minutes a day on a whole body vibration machine can have the same effect as a 30-45 minute gym workout. This is because the vibrations continuously stimulate muscle reflex.
For example, in the same time that it would take you to do 10 squats to work on your quads (with the quad muscle reflex being stimulated once per squat), the same muscle reflex will have been stimulated over 100 times with whole body vibration.
I use the Pineapple WBV System in the office for a variety of conditions and reasons. Some of these include:
- Ambulatory low back and disc conditions
- Promotes energy and endurance
- Specific strengthening exercises once a patient has shown improved functionality
- Stronger, more effective core muscles and better performance
- Increases bone mineral density, which is a viable solution to reverse bone loss and to combat osteoporosis
- Enhances blood circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Improves flexibility, agility
- Increase in range of motion, balance and mobility
- Increases metabolic rate that is critical to weight loss
- Reduces joint/ligament stress, along with the risk of joint/ligament related injuries
- Neuromuscular stimulation and enhancement (increased joint proprioception, muscle rehabilitation and retraining muscle holding patterns)
- Reduces back pain and stiffness
- Elevates HGH (Human Growth Hormone), testosterone, collagen (needed for healthy skin), and serotonin production (feel good hormone) while suppressing cortisol (hormone produced by stress)